Sunday, March 15, 2009

Joy=Life with the Lord Beside Us

The Lord will be beside us. Let this bring Joy!
· a. D&C 29:5 (to the Prophet Joseph Smith and others): “Lift up your hearts and be glad, for I am in your midst, and am your advocate with the Father.”
· b. D&C 61:36 (to the Prophet Joseph Smith and others): “Be of good cheer, little children; for I am in your midst, and I have not forsaken you.”
· c. D&C 68:6 (to Orson Hyde, Luke S. Johnson, Lyman E. Johnson, and William E. McLellin): “Be of good cheer, and do not fear, for I the Lord am with you, and will stand by you.”
· d. D&C 78:18 (to the Prophet Joseph Smith and others): “Ye cannot bear all things now; nevertheless, be of good cheer, for I will lead you along.”
· e. D&C 136:29 (to the Camp of Israel at Winter Quarters): “If thou art sorrowful, call on the Lord thy God with supplication, that your souls may be joyful.”

· Elder Marvin J. Ashton of the Quorum of the Twelve counseled:
· “None of us will escape tragedy and suffering. Each of us will probably react differently. However, if we can recall the Lord’s promise, ‘for I the Lord am with you,’ we will be able to face our problems with dignity and courage. We will find the strength to be of good cheer instead of becoming resentful, critical, or defeated. We will be able to meet life’s unpleasant happenings with clear vision, strength, and power. … "


Sometimes I have thought I was alone when God, my Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ and the Holy Ghost were all beside me trying to encourage me to see, hear, and feel that they knew the big picture and what was really best for me. May I evermore live to know that the Lord is with me and will stand by me and will lead me along that I may be in their midst.
What an incredible family I have. I love being part of your world. Thank you Heavenly Father for the beautiful people that I am sealed to forever. Thank you for the sunshine and bike rides and birthday morning for Sam and roller blading with Bode and for a phone number for Seth and for Mckenna singing with her whole heart and smiles from Brycen and for a new cub scout Payton and for smiling big eyes talking to you Emma Beth and for red-headed smiling Jay and yes for chasing Chase. Xoxoxoxo grandpa and granny

1 comment:

  1. We love being a part of YOUR world! Thank you for making time to be included in so many memorable, teaching moments! We are grateful for your beautiful example of following in the footsteps of our Savior! 1 2 3 We Love YOU!

    ReplyDelete