Wednesday, February 18, 2009

The Opportunity to Talk With God

This is a response to a blog concerning a Dixie Forum I attened with Jed, Liesl & Chandler. Jed's English teacher told him to look at the blog. Read the blog entitled "Blessed Are the Powers of the Universe "at http://stegner100.wordpress.com/

I’m with you Stephen Trimble and from your comments about Stegner’s feeling about our responsibility to value our earth he’s in agreement “Blessed Are the Powers of the Universe”. I am the “Granny” that ask the question.
With different opinions but somethings we all seem to share as Stegner says from Chinese to Indian. The world around us is rich and enlivens the soul.
As I walk Granny’s Trail or any other beautiful place in the world- you are each near your own favorite place -I sweat and so do you. This is because we are producing heat and heat is light and light chases away darkness every morning around the world. We seek light because it feels good to all of us. It is healing. Light grows brighter and brighter within us and this brings us closer to the source of all light and we seek our own level just as water does around the world in beautiful streams flowing down. And we each want our light to keep growing brighter. I walk near a stream; water H2O the first molecule looked for anywhere in the universe where maybe life could exist. Water is life giving and trees then grow around the stream and bring us beauty and peace not found in any gym. Worth protecting which is Stegner’s point. Water freezes from the top down and fish live and so many wonders surround us that we (I) marvel at their creator.
My walk is my best time to talk with God….So it was with Moses and Jesus went up to the mountain….I suppose Mohammed did also and most earthlings who talk with God –Joseph Smith in a grove of trees; I believe this list is endless and I want my name on this list. So I love opportunities to praise, thank and request blessings from the hand of the Almighty. May we always have a beautiful place to do so is the message I get from you Stephen Trimble and Stegner. The question is worthy of the contemplation. And don’t miss the best part of the hike—the opportunity to talk to God.
Granny Kathryn

No comments:

Post a Comment